Fermented, dried and chopped leaves of Rooibos are used as a raw material for the preparation of a very pleasant and healthy tea drink – Rooibos tea.
„ Because of the anti-inflammatory effect, rooibos occupies a special place among the auxiliary healing resources.„
Worldwide, the Japanese are known as one of the nation’s long-lasting tea-drinking traditions, and is considered to be a highly selective consumer in terms of its quality and taste. So it is not surprising that in a very short time they became the biggest fans of the relatively new tea beverage in their market – Rooibos tea.
What is rooibos?
The home of this unique plant that is most used to prepare tea drinks, known as Redbush, Rotbusch, “Red Tea” and “Red Bush”, is a dense plateau of the South African Republic, in Cedarberg, about 250 miles from Cape Town.
The plant was first observed here, and today it cultivates there due to specific conditions, such as higher altitude, sandy soil and a dry climate with little rainfall. It is interesting to note that attempts to grow these plants did not succeed in any other area of the world except in this South African region where we only find the plant as self-sacrificing.
Rooibos (species of Aspalathus linearis) is a bushy plant of height 0, 5-1, 5 m with long needle leaves. Fermented, dried and chopped leaves are used as raw material.
The commercial rooibos started to be used only in the early 20th century thanks to the Russian emigrant Benjamin in Ginsberg, who first started buying and packing rooibos tea for sale in South Africa.
Dr. Nortier in 1930 raised the first plantation for breeding and finishing rooibos, and began to develop the market for these, little known plant species that is used to prepare a very pleasant and healthy tea drink.
The remarkable properties of rooibos have long been known to the natives of the region, who have been using it for many centuries for a healing and refreshing drink. Over the last few years rooibos has become a hit on the world market, with production of more than 3000 tons per year and export to 135 countries worldwide.
With what rooibos deserves such popularity?
First and foremost with a specific and refreshing taste of tea drink, rich in mineral composition, and therefore exceptional health effect as well as versatility of application.
The latest research has confirmed another important discovery. Namely, the superoxide dismutase (S.O.D.) enzyme, released at higher temperatures, binds to itself the free radicals that arise as a secondary product of normal bodily functions.
In addition to acting as a powerful antioxidant and slowing down the aging process, this enzyme simultaneously acts as a protection against many diseases caused by the action of free radicals such as arteriosclerosis, diabetes, oesophageal cancer, arthritis, and even cancer prevention.
Because of the anti-inflammatory effect, rooibos occupies a special place among the auxiliary healing resources. It especially helps with allergy to certain food ingredients, pollen allergy, and asthma and skin allergies. Flavonoids from rooibos reduce the histamine loss of our immune system.
It has been proved, and experimentally confirmed, that rooibos, thanks to its extremely rich mineral composition, as well as the composition of important essential elements, and the low tannin content which otherwise prevents the absorption of microelements, is very effective in many problems.
Rooibos tea maintains health and vitality; it is a drink that delivers great pleasure and does not contain artificial colors, additives, preservatives and caffeine. It is made from completely natural ingredients.
Medicinal properties of Rooibos tea
Japanese, German and South African scientific institutions have found that rooibos tea is a healthy product due to the following properties:
· Tea magnesium plays a role in preserving the health of the nervous system and acts soothing. A pre-sleeping tea cup provides a quiet sleep, calms the nervousness, and helps even with mild depression.
Rooibos is recommended not only because of its high iron content (0, 07 mg per 200 ml of tea), but also because of the additional absorption-enhancing microelements, and a very low proportion of tannins, which otherwise make it difficult. Because of this, iron in this form does not cause digestive disorders and seals
· Calcium and fluoride play a very important role in maintaining and strengthening the teeth and bones.
· Potassium and copper are essential for the regulation of metabolic processes in the body.
Rooibos is very suitable, or even indispensable, for people who are on a reduced diet (diet) because tea has no caloric value, but supplies the body with essential minerals, and also successfully thirsts.
· The latest research by Japanese scientist Dr. Nakana has revealed that rooibos can also be used against the most infectious diseases of today, AIDS or AIDS, as it reduces the cytotoxicity of HIV-infected cells.
· In his homeland, South Africa, rooibos has always been used as a drug for various gastric and digestive disorders (such as heartburn, nausea, intestinal inflammation and urea). Unlike herbs of similarity, chamomile, pelin or decorator, it is far better to taste because it does not contain bitter substances.
· It has been proven that rooibos tea tends to calm the throats in the gut, especially in young children or older people.
Rooibos tea refreshes the skin and hair directly applied, and also quickly removes the dandruff.
Rooibos tea is a very strong and pleasant mineral beverage especially needed for active people, children and the elderly.
· There are no limitations on the amount of tea that can be taken daily because rooibos does not contain any harmful substances such as caffeine and teas.
· Consumers can also be diabetics and kidney patients because they do not contain harmful oxalic acid.
· For hot days it is recommended to drink over two liters of tea a day, as it compensates for the minerals and liquids lost by sweating.
· The use of rooibos is also possible for cosmetic purposes, primarily in the form of a healthy drink, but also as a mild facial tonic.
· Likewise, dark hair gives a glow when washed with strong rooibos.
Tea for athletes and “motherly miracle”
The use of rooibos has spread today in many countries of the world. Many new features have been discovered, as well as new ways of using it. As a drink of extremely pleasant taste, which is refreshingly refreshed, it was especially appreciated by athletes as a low energy mineral refreshing drink.
“Bath and rooibos tea bags cooked for 10 minutes can help with irritated skin and diaper rashes.”
It is also remarkable that it contains many valuable minerals in the form of electrolytes that refresh the body after a lot of physical effort. Toasted or chilled, alone or in combination with fresh fruit juice, it delivers excellent thirst and supplies the body with the essential ingredients.
The attribute “Mother’s Wondrous” was obtained thanks to the beneficial effect on breast-feeding mothers and small babies. The mothers first observed the soothing effect of rooibos on their children when they gave their children a couple of cups of tea. Nervous babies are usually dying, and cramps stop, often in small children. Bathrobe and rooibos tea bags cooked for 10 minutes can help in irritated skin and diaper rashes and reduce skin irritation resulting from irritation.
However, experts for rooibos from all over the world are still discovering the new qualities of this unusual tea, and its circle of fans every day is expanding.